Transfer to Generations College
Generations College welcomes transfer students from other institutions including the military. Many students find that small class sizes, personal attention from professors and the flexibility of a two-year institution provides the right environment to help them reach their educational and career goals. In addition, Generations offers generous scholarships to transfer students with high academic achievement.
The admissions process for transfer students is the same as all other applicants. In addition to high school transcripts, students who are transferring junior colleges should also submit transcripts from the college previously attended. Once a transfer student has been accepted, an academic advisor will assess the transferability of any successfully completed college coursework and/or military credit hours and design a graduation plan for the student.
Generations TRANSFER SCHOLARSHIP
Generations College offers a scholarship specifically for transfer students in their first semester of enrollment.
- These $600.00 Scholarships are only available for the first semester of enrollment.
- In order to receive this scholarship, transfer students must have previously completed a minimum of twelve semester hours with a GPA of at least a 3.3 at a regionally accredited institution of higher learning (HLC) before entering Generations College.
- The Scholarship is available only to full-time students pursuing an associate degree.
- Candidates for a Transfer Scholarship must be offered admission to the College before the Director of Financial Aid can consider the application for the Transfer Scholarship.
- After the first semester of enrollment, transfer students can apply for other available scholarships.
WHY TRANSFER TO Generations COLLEGE?
If you want to transfer to a new 2-year school, you owe it to yourself to explore all that Generations College has to offer.
Established in 1904, Generations College is the oldest, private, nonprofit community college in Illinois. We offer accredited associate degrees in a variety of exciting majors, including Business Administration, Court Reporting, Criminal Justice and Paralegal Studies. Students can attend classes on our campus in the heart of Chicago or opt for online instruction, providing unparalleled flexibility that enables busy adults to realize their dream of earning a degree.
Students who choose to transfer to Generations College from other schools benefit from a challenging curriculum, skilled instructors and supportive staff. We also offer a range of services designed to help students transition into the workforce or a four-year institution after graduation.